Design a cereal box based on your book.
- Choose a name for your cereal that sounds enticing and relates to the story somehow. For example: if you read Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, you could call your cereal Wizard’s Wands
- Choose a shape for your cereal. For example: the Wizard’s Wands could be an oat cereal in the shape of lightning bolts.
- Cover an empty cereal box with paper (provided). Use the following guidelines for each side of the box:
- Front: Write the name of the cereal and draw a picture to go with it. You may also find an appropriate picture and glue it on. Make it fun and interesting.
- Back: Design a game, puzzle, word game , or “I Spy” that could be found on the back of any cereal box. Puzzlemaker .com is a good place to go.
- Right Side: Under the heading “Ingredients” list the main characters and write a sentence about each of them. Then describe the setting (place and time).
- Left Side: Write a summary of the book. Be sure to include the main conflict (problem) and the resolution (how the problem was solved).
This Project Must Be Presented to the Class.
|Included information about the characters, setting and plot.||/15|
|Spoke clearly for the class to hear||/10|
|Did the project neatly and creatively||/10|
|Did not read the report from any form of paper||/15|